Thursday, February 23, 2012

Take a look at this picture.. What do you see? This is the tongue of a horse. A horse being put through torture. This horse was put to work with a "Professional Horse Trainer" and in a moment of rage, the poor animal was tied down, obviously by the bit, and beaten down continuously. I normally don't like to say bad things about people or their systems of training horses, but this has really caught my attention. When I first saw this picture, I was not sure what I was looking at. I thought at first that I was looking at one of those pig bodies that are used in the popular T.V. Show  Deadliest Warrior, after being hacked by some kind of ancient weapon. But then I took a second look. I thought to my self, W...T...F...!!!  This poor horse has not only been put through a great deal of pain, but he has now suffered a great psychological trauma for life, with what happened. I wan to a quote a great master of the past, Steinbrech, by saying, "these idiots not being able to make a living in any other way, try their luck with horses."  What is this world coming to? The classical art of riding declines more and more every day with the deaths of the real riding masters, and this kind of crap is seen more and more. In my book, El Caballo de Baile, I stress the fact that if a horse owner is going to pay someone to beat the life out of the horse, then he/she should save that money and ruin the horse him/her self. Not that anyone should ruin a horse, I was being sarcastic of course. The problem is that most people don't understand the first thing about training a horse. Looking good in the saddle does not make anyone qualified to train a horse. Plus, when we don't thoroughly understand what every movement is for and how it is taught, then we are apt to try other methods, and be abusive. We are all human and we all make mistakes, but something tells me that the person who did this to this horse, has done it many times before. The sad part is that, people continue to give horses to this, so called trainer. One of the best advice I have ever heard was, "If you cannot control your temper, you will never be able to control your horse" and "only when you can control yourself, will you be able to control your horse" also, "if you get angry I will kick you off the horse, and tell you to learn to control your temper, then I will teach you how to train your horse". I have heard these quotes from different masters, Arthur Kottas, Walter Sceturgnighsak, Walter Zettl, Michael Scott, and others, I am not sure who originally said these words, but I often use these words my self as if they were my own. Sadly not all of us have the privilege to learn and be disciplined by a true master, and so we regrettably see things like this happen more often than they should. As I said, I normally don't like to say bad things or comment bad things about people, but this is not OK. This is clearly the result of a person not qualified to train a horse or to be around them all together, the truth is that this person needs desperately to see a shrink to help her with her issues, and I hope that the next time anyone decides to take a horse in training things like this don't happen. We have to look out for the horse, they are of service to us because they want to please us, but we have to learn to ask properly, or take them to some one who knows how to ask properly. My most sincere condolences to the owners of this poor horse whose spirit has been shattered and killed at least to a certain degree. To the idiot who did this, well, it is not my place to judge, but please get help. Learn more about horses, learn more about training, and if not, please find a different type of work to do because you clearly do not have what it takes for this kind of work.

No comments: